The Stunning World of Sapphires
Sapphires are more than just beautiful gemstones! On top of being the second hardest natural mineral known to humanity (with only Diamond beating it out but not providing such magnificent colors), they're also a symbol of nobility, truth, sincerity, and faithfulness. Throughout history, this was believed so much that in ancient Greece and Rome, kings and queens were convinced that these beautiful gemstones protected their owners from envy and harm - especially gems from Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon, is an island country in South Asia. It has been well known as the most productive source for sapphires, but among the oldest as well! Sri Lanka was already well known for its sapphires back in the 2nd century, and to this day, many of the most famous sapphires come from here. Ceylon fine gems have solidified their place in history, especially for their quality and clarity.
What Do the Range Of Colors Mean?
When you think of sapphires, you likely envision a glorious blue color. This rich blue associated with sapphires is the most popular and well-known, but in reality, sapphires come in almost every color of the rainbow. From blue to black to colorless, these gemstones are extraordinarily unique from one to the next. Fine Sapphires offer a wide variety of gemstones - including blue, white, pink, yellow, green, violet, purple, peach, padparadscha, and champagne.
With a range of colors, there's also a range of beliefs with each one, including:
- Blue: Blue sapphires are believed to inspire confidence, patience, and trust in those who wear it.
- Green: Green sapphires are known as the stone of fidelity
- White: White sapphires are seen as protective, providing focus and supporting mortality as well as justice.
- Pink: Pink sapphires symbolize elegance, love, compassion, good fortune, and the ability to push through hard situations.
- Yellow: Yellow sapphires attract wealth and prosperity to the home.
- Purple: Purple sapphires are known for the prosperity and abundance they help to attract in your life. It encourages those who wear it to open your mind to the wisdom, wonder, and beauty that is all around you.
- Peach: Peach sapphires are known to symbolize acceptance, creativity, love, and light.
- Padparadscha: Padparascha sapphire is one of the rarest sapphires around, and is known to inspire confidence, abundance, and inspiration. It highlights the uniqueness of the person who wears it.
Each color has a different belief, which makes it all the more unique as a gemstone. No matter the color you desire or the association you're looking for, these gemstones genuinely capture the essence of beauty and elegance.
Own A Beautiful Sapphire Gem Today
Sapphires originating from Sri Lanka are truly one of a kind - one of the most famous and sought-after gemstones due to their color and clarity. With a history dating back hundreds of years, it's hard to resist the allure of these fine gems. However, sapphires are more than just a gemstone. They're a statement - a revered gemstone in ancient times and a rare and stunning gemstone in modern times.
Whether you need a small stone or a large stone, from blue to black to colorless, Fine Sapphires can provide all of your gemstone needs - as well as offering free shipping worldwide! Fine Sapphires also assist with custom orders, as well as a certificate to ensure accurate assessment and evaluation upon request. Click here to shop our collection today.